Wi-Fi facility is often an unacknowledged and unrewarding perk. It has been noticed that quite often, people buy smallest of the thing from the store to use the Wi-Fi for the next 5-6 hours and when they finally leave, the brand has no record of their visit. We all know that database of clients rule the business and has exceptional power to drive traffic.
Therefore, it is imperative to exploit this opportunity to collect relevant data about visitors in an efficient manner. And social Wi-Fi is the answer to this quest.
Social WiFi is an effective tool for collecting Client data. It converts your guest WiFi network into a powerful marketing channel that builds your customer database, promotes your business and collects valuable insights. Boost your social media presence by allowing customers to connect with preferred social media account.
While login to Wi-Fi, below methods can be adopted to fetch relevant data:
- Brands can obtain data on their email address, age and gender. This information allows accurate planning of marketing communication for your establishment, getting in touch with your Clients and building a bond.
- Brand can also provide an option to LIKE or FOLLOW social media platforms to get access to free WiFi. Check in and like buttons can be placed on the welcome page. Imagine the ability to engage every Facebook customer by asking for a 'Like' when they log into your WiFi. Or, ask them to 'Follow' you on Twitter and LinkedIn. It's not necessary, but it's definitely easier than asking them to 'Like' or 'Follow' you via a printed sign, right?
- Also, any promotional information (graphics and videos) can be placed on the welcome page so that a user can have a look and encourage them to take action.
- Brand can also place interactive contents such as contests or quizzes that will have a positive impact on your restaurant’s image and help you build a strong relationship with the Clients.
- Last but not the least, brands can run loyalty programs and send across vouchers that inspire them to visit your business.
Other real quick advantages of Social Wi-Fi:
- Grow your social network
- Target real in-venue customers
- Share your news with a relevant audience
- Pre-written posts and tweets shared on login
- Check-ins available with Facebook, automatically
- Ensure your customers are always informed across the social networks
- Save marketing costs by utilizing digital word-of-mouth marketing
- Collect names, email addresses, birthdays and more
- Send offers based on Relationship Status
- Find out who is local and who is not, with Location Data
- Build a detailed profile of each customer
- Be more relevant and grow your business
Social WiFi provide easy (no complicated passwords to share) and free Wi-Fi to your customers which undoubtedly result in to meaningful data collection.